Flyers and Spectators are Always Welcome!
To fly at our field you must be a current WVRCF Club member (or invited quest) and have current AMA membership.
Wyoming Valley Radio Control Flyers Field Rules for:
Moon Lake County Park Flying Field
- Moon Lake Park rules and regulations must be followed.
- No nitro or gas flying will be allowed before 9:00 a.m.
- No charge will be administered for guest flyers.
- Only AMA members will be allowed beyond the "pit" fence.
- No parking of ANY VEHICLE is allowed along the "pit" fence. There are signs allowing you to park next to the pit/spectator fence to Unload and Load ONLY. After you have finished unloading or loading-up move your vehicle to the parking area.
There is a space marked for Disabled Parking. Only members with a disabled parking tag can use this spot...limit two vehicles. During club events there will be no parking in these disabled spots.
- All flyers must have a valid WVRCF club membership and AMA License.
- All flyers must show their valid WVRCF club membership card and AMA License upon request by any other flyer or a Moon Lake Park guard.
- Radio service work should be performed at home.
- Moon Lake flying field boundaries shall be: No flying behind the runway fence or beyond the main road by the pool.
- All engines .15 cubic inch & over must have an effective muffler.
- Channel numbers must be displayed on transmitters using the 7Xmhz FM frequency.
- All 7Xmhz FM frequency transmitters must be "impounded" under the pavilion.
- Check frequencies before turning on radios and insert your card in the appropriate slot on the frequencyÂ board.
- All flyers must follow the flight pattern dictated by the conditions of the day.
- No excess engine running in the "pits". Break in engines at home or behind the parking area after obtaining appropriate frequency clearance.
- No more than four aircraft in the air at one time.
- Taxing into the "pits" will not be allowed.
- Flyers must fly from the flight line.
- A time limit of 15 minutes per flight shall be enforced.
- Planes should be retrieved by only one person.
- Do not use profanity at the field, display proper courtesy at all times.
- Flyer of a "dead stick" aircraft will have the right-of-way on the field, after proper warning.
- All new members must have their aircraft inspected by an experienced member before flight.
- Student flyers should be helped by a qualified instructor only.
- Littering will not be tolerated.
An AMA Gold Leader Club
AMA Charter # 952